Terms & Conditions
Leith Community Pottery 10 week courses
All 10 Week Courses at Leith Community Pottery are offered subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Course Content descriptions are general, are not binding and may be subject to change without prior notice.
- Leith Community Pottery holds Public Liability Insurance but we are not responsible for personal loss or damage whilst students are in attendance at courses.
- Courses must be paid for a minimum of 10 days in advance of commencement or places may be reallocated.
Places can best be secured by payment of an agreed deposit at the time of
enquiry; otherwise, access cannot be guaranteed.
- Course fees must be paid in full a minimum of 10 days prior to commencement, unless by individual agreement of payment plan.
- In event of cancellation of the entire course by Leith Community Pottery, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of cancellation of any one or more course sessions by Leith Community Pottery, alternative dates and times will be offered to students. Should no suitable alternative be agreed upon, students will be entitled to a refund proportionate to the number of cancelled sessions in relation to the full course fee, ie, 10% of the total course fee per cancelled session.
- Cancellation by students of the entire course will result in a full refund if notice is given up to 10 days before commencement of the course. Cancellation with less than 10 days’ notice will incur a charge of 50% of the course fee. Deposits cannot be refunded with less than 14 days notice of commencement of the course.
- Cancellation of any session by a student:
if at all possible, Leith Community Pottery will offer an alternative session. However, we cannot substitute 1-2-1 sessions for group sessions. 1-2-1 sessions will normally incur a surcharge, currently £19.80 per hour.
Arrangements for holiday interruptions to courses are not normally made; they may be possible, subject to prior negotiation.
In the event of illness or any other reason for a missed session, we cannot offer refunds once the course is underway.
- In addition, as our courses are almost always completely full, we cannot normally accommodate exchanges of sessions from one day to another in the event that personal commitments interfere with the ability to attend a particular session within your own course.
- Leith Community Pottery reserves the right to refuse entry to any student perceived to be presenting under the influence of alcohol or narcotics as a matter of Health and Safety, and at our own discretion.
Such instances will not entitle students to any form of financial recompense or
the offer of a substitute session.
- Covid 19 – as at July 2021, Leith Community Pottery is operating Covid
related Health and Safety measures, including the wearing of face coverings
and 1 metre physical distancing.
We are also recording visiting to the Pottery to comply with Test and Protect
We cannot offer refunds for missed sessions which result from Covid related
- The above Terms and Conditions are in addition to and do not affect